President Colpitts called the meeting to order with Vice President Higgins, Council Member Gelow, Council Member Vojtko, Council Member Carter and Clerk-Treasurer Sue Moffitt present. Also in attendance were Roger Nawrot, Chuck Leone, Pat Cummings Carol Middlebrook, Jack Mell, Mary Countryman, Mike Shilts, Tim Kaminski, Bob Middlebrook, Trudy Menke, Ken Davis, Mike McClaran, Jason Quirk and Cal Dittmar.
The meeting was opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.
President Colpitts announced that Augie Mauer has submitted his letter of
retirement. He thanked Augie for his
dedicated years of service to the Town of
Vice President Higgins moved to accept the minutes of the
· Reports that all bids for the 2012 Sidewalk Construction Project received were correct and his letter of recommendation and bid tabs were included in the Council packets.
Based on bids received, Roger recommends that the contract for Division A and Division B of the 2012 Sidewalk Construction Project be awarded to Northern Construction Services Corporation.
Council Member Gelow moves to accept Northern Construction Services Corp. bid of $188,066.50. Seconded by Council Member Vojtko the motion passed unanimously.
A pre-construction meeting is scheduled for tomorrow at Town Hall. A completion date of 50 days is included in the contract.
· Received information from the consultant that is doing environmental on the TE Grant. They received a letter from DNR stating that they were in concurrence with the Town’s plan and thanked us for the removal of the trees from the front of buildings in the downtown business district. They remain at the corners of the blocks.
· Rental Property Committee
Bob Middlebrook reports that he and Ken had a meeting today. Mike Shilts has agreed to serve on the committee and they are looking at different directions they may want to go.
General Meeting – May 22, 2012
Vice President Higgins
· Asked Bob Middlebrook if the previously proposed Fire Chief compensation was discussed at the last fire department meeting.
Bob stated that it was discussed and it was decided that they want to consider it over the next month and revisit it at the June meeting.
Council Member Vojtko
· Attended the Solid Waste District Meeting on Monday. They have gone through mediation and hopefully have everything resolved.
· Reports that the sign at end of viaduct needs to be trimmed up
· Attended the recent Area Plan Commission meeting with nothing pertaining to New Carlisle to report.
Bills to be Paid
Council Member Gelow moved to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Vice President Higgins and passed unanimously.
Upon a motion by Council Member Gelow and a second by Vice President Higgins, the meeting was adjourned at .
Ronald Colpitts, Council President
Susan I. Moffitt, Clerk-Treasurer